We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
>2048 (Read 979 times)
>2048
Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:43am

So, is there any way to squeeze more pixel dimensions out of the OPENGL render option?  I know 2048x2048 is listed as the max, but has anyone any information about the possibility of using something like Gestalt or ProGL or anything else in conjunction with Processing in order to get something like 4096 width?

Thanks in advance.
Robert
Re: >2048
Reply #1 - Aug 23rd, 2006, 12:48am

Okay, my bad.  I just pumped it up to 4096x1024 and it worked fine.  I thought 2048 was the limit?  Was that just for PImages?  Confused...
Reply #2 - Aug 26th, 2006, 12:33am

you mean just with the size() command? that's tied to the number of pixels on your screen. you're only guaranteed to have size() work with the number of pixels your card is currently using. so if your screen is 1024x768, then size(1024, 768) is the max, though size(2048, 384) would probably also work fine.

the 2048 limit is just for images, which is the general max size that textures can handle in either dimenion.
Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2006, 12:53am

Well, my screen size is 1440x900 but it seems to do fine making a 9192x1024 (though the frame rate suffers).  Good ol' Mac OS exposé allows me to see the entire window.  Whee!!!  But I hear you.  Going over the size of the actual screen doesnt make too much sense in the long run.

BTW, since I am here, I havent found an answer to the question of getting processing to run fullscreen over a monitor span.  I poked about on the forum and just found questions regarding getting things to show on the second monitor, etc.  Is it possible to make a Processing exported application fullscreen across 2 monitors?  Quick testing has led me to believe this isnt possible without some hack I am unaware of.
Reply #4 - Aug 27th, 2006, 6:48pm

if you don't use present mode, you should be able to get windows that span across all of the screens. however it might take a little tweaking to make the window frame show up in the right place. give that a shot and let's start a new thread for any followup.
Reply #5 - Oct 4th, 2006, 6:26am

hi fry. i'm also very interested in getting something like this to work (span fullscreen across multiple monitors).. is there a way to do it with 'present' mode (I need the program to appear already in the correct position as it will be starting automatically).. -phil w
Reply #6 - Oct 4th, 2006, 3:02pm

I've run Processing in present mode over multiple monitors before.  I exported the sketch as an application, and wrote my own main with the present mode arguments. . . I was working on a PC though, I wonder if the issue is a mac one?  I can dig up the project and see what I did if that would be helpful. . . it would at least confirm that i didn't just experience this all in a dream. .

dan

Reply #7 - Oct 4th, 2006, 3:49pm

hi dan. yeah that would be great if you could. i'm using the processing libraries from within eclipse (on mac at the moment im afraid) but similar rules might apply.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1