We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Linux: Unable to Execute Exported Sketches
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Linux: Unable to Execute Exported Sketches (Read 677 times)
Linux: Unable to Execute Exported Sketches
Aug 19th, 2006, 4:28pm

Hey,
I currently have a small sketch that I can use regularly with the processing "play" button. However, when I export it as an applet or an application, it crashes immediately on running.

The error the application gives in the console is:

Code:
Exception in thread "main" java.awt.AWTError: Cannot load AWT toolkit: gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(libgcj.so.7)
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(libgcj.so.7)
at processing.core.PApplet.main(PApplet.java:6019)
at DECP1.main(DECP1.java:166)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit
at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.7)
at java.lang.Class.forName(libgcj.so.7)
at java.awt.Toolkit.getDefaultToolkit(libgcj.so.7)
...3 more

Obviously this has something to do with how my JRE or libraries are setup. The question is, what exactly needs to be done?
Re: Linux: Unable to Execute Exported Sketches
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2007, 11:12am

Same problem here. I'm working on Linux...

Can anyone give a clue?

Thanks!
Re: Linux: Unable to Execute Exported Sketches
Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2007, 6:56pm

that looks like a version of gcj or some gnu java is being used to run things. try installing the runtime directly from sun (the rpm that's available from java.com) or check your distro for a more official version. the version of java included with processing is the one from sun, so if processing works, then that's the route to go.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1