We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › installing HTMLParser
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
installing HTMLParser (Read 2361 times)
installing HTMLParser
Jul 8th, 2006, 12:31am

Hi Everyone -

I am brand new to Java, Processing and the like. However, I'm starting work on an Information Visualization project and would like to improve my Java/Processing Skills. As such, I am trying to run some code generously displayed at: http://www.aharef.info/static/htmlgraph/sourcecode.html

I downloaded Processing and installed the 'traer physics' library successfully.

How would I go about installing the HTMLParser library, so I can test the code out?

Thanks in advance,

Chris
Re: installing HTMLParser
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2006, 6:52pm

According to the home page for HTMLParser, all you should need to do is download the ZIP file and put htmlparser.jar (found in the /lib subfolder) in the code folder of your sketch. It will then be included during compilation, which should make it possible to run the code.
Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2006, 8:27pm

Thanks for the response. I tried following the directions you laid out, but received the following error:

Semantic Error: You need to modify your classpath, sourcepath, bootclasspath, and/or extdirs setup. Jikes could not find package "org.htmlparser" in:
Reply #3 - Jul 8th, 2006, 11:05pm

I haven't tried it myself, but did you make a subfolder called "code" and put htmlparser.jar in it? The jar file does contain the classes you need, and Processing should recognise that.
Reply #4 - Jul 8th, 2006, 11:16pm

watz wrote on Jul 8th, 2006, 11:05pm:
I haven't tried it myself, but did you make a subfolder called "code" and put htmlparser.jar in it The jar file does contain the classes you need, and Processing should recognise that.

It worked, thanks for your help!
Reply #5 - Jul 8th, 2006, 11:21pm

I just verified that it will indeed run if htmlparser.jar is placed within the code folder. The original site only mentions traer.physics, but the code also uses traer.animation. Both must be installed for the code to compile.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1