We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › maxlink error
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
maxlink error (Read 1221 times)
maxlink error
Jul 7th, 2006, 12:30pm

I have an error when i use my sketch and max on my PC that with mac don't do it. In max window i get a: jk.link:socket error Java.net.SocketException
And when I run my sketch I get in processing monitor: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: doError

Can anyone help?
Re: maxlink error
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2006, 1:24pm

Are you connected to a network?  The current version of MaxLink requires a network connection, even if it's just one computer.

I'm hoping to rewrite MaxLink more or less from scratch for ICMC in November -- this is one of the annoying things I'm planning to fix.
Reply #2 - Jul 8th, 2006, 9:20pm

Thanks! The network worked for me! But I wasn't able to create a single pc network. I connect it to an other computer so the pc could find a network. How can i make a single pc network?
Reply #3 - Jul 9th, 2006, 1:25pm

I'm not sure what black magic is required, but I know it can be done.  I thought that I saw a post on this board about running some kind of networking utility to convince the machine that it's on a network, but my searches are coming up empty.

Anyone else have any ideas?
Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2007, 10:45pm

Howdy,

Just installed Processing and Maxlink today and had a bit of trouble with this. I can imagine other people with a DAW that's not network-connected might spend some time on this too, so for other novices like me...

Simply install the Microsoft loopback adapter- that's enough to fool Maxlink into thinking it's on a LAN.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839013

Many thanks for the software Jesse,
L.

Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2007, 11:46pm

Ah, beautiful.  Thanks for tracking that one down -- I'll add it to the file.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1