We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Windows application export (Read 657 times)
Windows application export
Jul 3rd, 2006, 10:57pm

Hey,

I just noticed that the Windows application exported by processing has an unusual behaviour.

When you launch it runs correctly, but the command seems to return (as in ending an giving a return code of 0, as if the program had finished) before it finishes.

This happens to me in Windows and when the application is exported in fullscreen present mode.

This can be an unconvenience when trying to integrate it inside larger programs or scripts (like in a python script).

If this can be easily changed with a simple patch in the sourcecode, let me know please, I don't think I can wait for the next release, because I need this quite soon.

Or if nobody has a quick solution any pointers would be very helpful.

Thanks
Re: Windows application export
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2006, 3:00pm

if you need it to behave the way you describe, just call "java ..." from the command line with the arguments for your application. you'll find the args in a file in the lib folder of your exported application.

the .exe is essentially just a launcher that invokes java.exe. it's not very advanced and isn't made to run via the command line.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1