We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
camera() (Read 455 times)
camera()
Jun 4th, 2006, 1:22pm

Firstly, let me apologise if this question is fundamentally ridiculous - I'm just unsure of what's possible and what's not.

I'm  experimenting with the camera() function,in an animation that that has no background() function at the start of draw(). That is, the display is not cleared and anything previously drawn is visible until drawn over.

Now, if a camera is animated  within such an animation, it will obviously only capture what is drawn at it's current position. Anything drawn previously remains drawn in the display where it was captured by the camera's relative position at the time it was drawn.

What I'm wondering is this: Is it possible for a camera to update everything that has been drawn previously, so that elements that have already been drawn respond to the camera's new position?

Any advice would be appreciated...
Re: camera()
Reply #1 - Jun 4th, 2006, 11:15pm

You'll have to re-draw everything drawn previously to get that sort of effect unfortunately. Once it's brren drawn, the 3D information has been lost, and all that's left is a bunch of pixels, so there's no way for camera() to affect them.
Re: camera()
Reply #2 - Jun 6th, 2006, 4:42am

o.k, thanks.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1