We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › exporting splines in dxf format
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
exporting splines in dxf format (Read 504 times)
exporting splines in dxf format
May 5th, 2006, 9:37pm

hey all

just began working with processing a few weeks ago, was able to work it into a course here at the architectural association in london. with that start, my team is now using the sketch to generate network organizations and possibly landscapes via sound input from max/msp. i am able to get the dxf exporter to work when i only an using the primitive box, attached to a series of particles in the sketch [traer.physics]. when i connect strings of particles with LINE_STRIP, ie:

for (int i = 0; i < gridSizeX; i++)
 {
   beginShape(LINE_STRIP);
   stroke(255, 54, 141);
   curveVertex(partA[i][0].position().x(), partA[i][0].position().y());
   for (int j = 0; j < gridSizeY; j++)
   {
     curveVertex(partA[i][j].position().x(), partA[i][j].position().y());
   }
   curveVertex(partA[i][gridSizeY - 1].position().x(), partA[i][gridSizeY - 1].position().y());
   endShape();
 }

and try to export .dxf on a mouse click, i get the following handy error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: RawDXF should only be used with beginRaw(), as it only supports lines and triangles

highlighting the endShape above. is there another way to draw these lines that i should be using in order to export? i would like to be able to get these splines out into another 3d software to further manipulate them...

i have a feeling it has something to do with using a stroke color....had issues from the start until i included noStroke(); in the setup...

thanks for yer help
brian
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1