We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › openStream problem
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
openStream problem (Read 628 times)
openStream problem
Apr 14th, 2006, 5:19pm

A sketch in 111 & 112 is throwing this exception:

when trying to loadImage("test.jpg");

I'm assuming the standard data/ folder format for files etc.

Code:

java.io.IOException: openStream() could not open test.jpg
at processing.core.PApplet.openStream(PApplet.java:3236)

Console shows no other information

java 1.4.2_09 on osx 10.4.5

Re: openStream problem
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2006, 5:27pm

working ok over here, please verify that the jpg file isn't bad, or maybe post an archived copy of your sketch so i can try it myself.
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2006, 5:49pm

Hmmm!

very odd. Previously working sketches and their files are now crapping out with loadImage.

Yet other sketches are ok!

Leave it for now, until I get something more reliably unreliable, then I'll get back.

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2006, 7:10pm

hm, seems bad.. and it's specific to 111 vs 110? is it on export or just in general?
Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2006, 8:20pm

(Sheepishly) It's ok Ben,

I found that the problem is due to (ahem!) the presence of the old versions of AIExport.jar lurking in the code folder.

Talk about poetic justice!

Folk really need to ditch the older versions and switch to your updated version. Quite rightly *** aiexport must die ***
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1