We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › Defining a new renderer
Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Defining a new renderer (Read 7026 times)
Re: Defining a new renderer
Reply #45 - May 18th, 2006, 9:12pm

After some investigation, I think for my purpose I can simply make a modified version of PGraphicsGL to include abilities to set up the GLCapabilities and make calls to glDrawBuffer().

I may be interested in helping you sort out some of those issues though ... have you thought of opening this initiative as a collaborative project?
Reply #46 - May 18th, 2006, 9:16pm

Hopefully I'll be able to get it to a stage where the changes I've made make sense. But it's a bit of a shambles at the moment, and I'd be embarrased for it to be public in the state it is Smiley
Reply #47 - May 18th, 2006, 9:47pm

My OPENGL renderer is nearly finnished, it passes all the commands from processing directly to OPENGL, i also included a shape object for simple use of display lists. It seems that everything is working fine so far, but I am looking on different things to increase performance. So I put the primitives sphere and box in display lists for example. I hope to release the stuff within in the next two weeks.
Reply #48 - Jul 12th, 2006, 12:40pm

I have recoded more methods of the renderer. For example pixel operations like copy and blend are now done by opengl, like ben already recommended in the source code comments. The results of the blend look a bit different to that of P3D but work much faster.

The next step could be to implement the filter methods as OPENGL pixel shader, I started to have a look an that but any help would be appreciated.

To release the renderer I have to wait for the new processingversion, as I need access to some field of PGraphics that are currently private.
Reply #49 - Jul 12th, 2006, 6:33pm

hm, which fields do you need opened up?
Reply #50 - Jul 13th, 2006, 10:44am

Hi Ben

I need all the color attributes for tint, fill and stroke to be set to protected. Maybe you have a better idea, but to me it seems to be the best way of colorhandling for my renderer.

cheers christian
Reply #51 - Jul 15th, 2006, 6:20pm

actually, those have already been fixed for the next release, though i wouldn't use the version that's in subversion just yet, as naming for some of the classes are changing, and we haven't decided on the final names yet.
Reply #52 - Jul 15th, 2006, 9:33pm

yepp I recognized that, so what are you plans for the new version. Any release date? Are there a lot of changes with the renderers?
Pages: 1 2 3 4