We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › question regarding isights and code
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
question regarding isights and code (Read 406 times)
question regarding isights and code
Apr 4th, 2006, 10:54pm

Hello, I'm new, very new to processing, a true male ingenue. And, I have a few questions:

1) Is it possible to take a live feed of video and sound input from an isight into processing and connect the ranging values to affect a supplanted code that draws texture or lines - live?

2) Away from the syntax I imagine, but is there a way to receive proximity information from an isight and then do what is proposed in 1.

I'm working on an installation and if someone is willing to help me past this forum, my email is towersofavarice@hotmail.com.  Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Re: question regarding isights and code
Reply #1 - Apr 6th, 2006, 10:17pm

Hey man!

You should be able to do what you're talking about.  If I were you, I would start by reading everything on this page:

http://processing.org/reference/libraries/video/index.html

As for 'proximity information', I'm not sure what you mean, maybe you can clarify a little?

take care
Re: question regarding isights and code
Reply #2 - Apr 7th, 2006, 2:08am

Well, nix the proximity qualm and think something more like changing luminance values according to how close someone is to the camera. My issue is that I want to take a video capture and transcribe into another code that is more sketch like? I know one can do this, but I'm still having a hard time with the how part.

If you can help me further, please email me at towersofavarice@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Zeeshan
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1