We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › Problem to install on Mac OS X
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problem to install on Mac OS X (Read 697 times)
Problem to install on Mac OS X
Mar 14th, 2006, 3:45pm

This is my first try to work with Processing. I´ve heard it´s a great program so I´m really looking forward to work with it. But, when I download the latest Beta version to my Mac with Mac OS X 10.3.9  it appears as an icon n the desktop called "processing 01-07". When I open the icon an click on the Processing logo nothing happens. Can anyone PLEASE tell me what to do. Do I need to use any code to make it work or do I need some other application as well? Many thank´s in advance!!
Re: Problem to install on Mac OS X
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2006, 7:21pm

it should be a disk image, first double click the disk image and then drag the "Processing 0107" folder to your Applications folder, then double-click the Processing icon.
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2006, 11:31pm

Thank you for your reply, but it doesn´t work anyway. When I click the processing 0107 icon in the applications folder but nothing happens. What is wrong?
Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2006, 4:48am

open Console.app, found in Applications -> Utilities -> Console and see if there are any messages that show up when you try to run processing.
Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2006, 1:56pm

No, there are no messages at all. What can I do?
Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2006, 4:03am

i would re-download, and make sure you're not set to use java 1.5 as default, and haven't installed any pre-release versions of java. if you're still having trouble, file a report in the bugs database.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1