We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › Ctrl+S (save) in processing is SLOOOOW
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Ctrl+S (save) in processing is SLOOOOW (Read 1321 times)
Ctrl+S (save) in processing is SLOOOOW
Feb 28th, 2006, 12:36pm

whilst when i just quit, and save changes on quit.. it takes about a second...

-seltar
Re: Ctrl+S (save) in processing is SLOOOOW
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2006, 2:01pm

how about some details? what platform are you on? what version are you using? how big was the sketch that you were saving? what version of java, can you make it happen consistently.. etc etc...
http://processing.org/faq/bugs.html#found
Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2006, 6:46pm

sorry.. i should know better..
v 105, winXP. java 1.5.0
happens to all my sketches, every time i press ctrl s or.. big and small (10 lines)

it takes well over 2 minutes, but i can skip it by quiting the program whilst it is saving, then selecting yes on save changes on quit..
Save As works as it used to as well.

Code:

//test

void setup()
{}

void draw()
{}

that's basicly it..
Reply #3 - Feb 28th, 2006, 7:34pm

do you have an enormous sketchbook folder? or a sketch that has thousands of images saved via saveFrame?
Reply #4 - Feb 28th, 2006, 8:13pm

yeah.. i have loads of sketches in my sketchfolder.. and most of them include some samples of pdf and jpg, but not alot in their data-folders..

but isn't it a bit wierd that it only applies to Save, and not save as or save on quit?
Reply #5 - Feb 28th, 2006, 9:49pm

save on quit doesn't rebuild the sketch menu.
Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2006, 8:14am

But still.. it didn't happen with versjon 103, but happens consistently every time i press ctrl+s in 105.. (which i have a tendency to do alot after the last "don't save on quit"-bug)
Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2006, 2:21pm

actually yeah, i just found it.. actually it seems to not be properly doing regular saves now. i just fixed it and will now be posting 106. ugh.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1