We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › run-expert.bat
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
run-expert.bat (Read 781 times)
run-expert.bat
Jan 23rd, 2006, 7:59am

I am running Sun JVM JRE 1.4.x and 1.5.x and Quicktime 7.x in PC. The run-expert.bat is quite obsolete. There is a QTJAVA environment variable. The original run-expert.bat can't handle the new QTJava.zip location. I modified as follows and it works so far.

@echo off

REM --- if you're running out of memory, change the 128m
REM --- (which means 128 megabytes) to something higher.

set SAVEDCP=%CLASSPATH%

set CLASSPATH=lib\rt.jar;lib\pde.jar;lib\core.jar;lib\antlr.jar;lib\oro.jar;lib\regi
stry.jar;lib\mrj.jar;%QTJAVA%

REM start javaw -ms128m -mx128m processing.app.Base
start java -ms128m -mx128m processing.app.Base

set CLASSPATH=%SAVEDCP%

Bryan
Re: run-expert.bat
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2006, 3:21pm

yeah, i've debated on removing it altogether, but people seem to prefer it be kept there so that they can modify as necessary for their own use. perhaps i should at least make specific that it doesn't actually work.

unfortunately, the QTJAVA var is really not helpful in this case, because it often includes quotes and/or spaces.

btw, why are you using the .bat? does the exe not work for you? (and have you tried 102 or 103, which fixes a lot of problems with the exe?)
Re: run-expert.bat
Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2006, 5:50pm

removing run.bat and run-expert.bat because there isn't a good way to keep them up to date. if there are problems with them going missing, please file a bug.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1