We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Color picker (Read 884 times)
Color picker
Jan 12th, 2006, 2:27pm

Hey I was wondering, has there been any consideration about including a color picker dialog that opens up when you call certain codes that expect a color? say fill, stroke, etc.  because having to choose the color to use it always forces people to go back to photoshop and switch between to get the hsb or rgb numbers.  also, java already has a native color picker, according to my friend john, it should only take 2 lines of code... thoughts on this? maybe like when soemone types in fill or stroke, they can still keep on typing, but once they finish typing fill or stroke, along with the color of the text changing, maybe a small icon appear at the bottom right of the text that can be clicked to open the dialog to choose color.

just my 2 cents
Re: Color picker
Reply #1 - Jan 12th, 2006, 4:22pm

the plan is for that to be the sort of thing that would go into the tools menu. the java color picker is pretty wretched so i haven't bothered making hooks for that one, with the hope that someone else would make someting cool (or even just a ripoff of the photoshop or illustrator pickers) that we could plug in.

so if you feel inclined, have at it with the understanding that someday there will be a way to hook it into the "tools" menu and auto insert your picked creations into the code.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1