We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › application to screensaver difficulties
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
application to screensaver difficulties (Read 686 times)
application to screensaver difficulties
Dec 31st, 2005, 4:01am

this is what i did.. made a sketch, added my own main function

Code:

static public void main(String args[]) {
PApplet.main(new String[] { "--display=1", "--present", "projectName" });
}

exported to application, renamed the .exe to .scr, and copied that and the lib folder into the windows folder..
Then i opened up the screensaver-picker dialog, and selected my screensaver (which just magicly appeared in the list)..
so far so good..

now when the time runs out, and the screensaver is supposed to turn on, the mouse hour-glass-animation just keeps flickering.. but in preview-mode in the screensaver-picker dialog, it works just perfect..
anybody have a handy tip, or any idea on what i'm doing wrong?.. is there any other jar to exe that actually work.. i tried a couple, like jsmooth and exej, but none of them worked properly..

any pointers appreciated..

regards

-seltar
Re: application to screensaver difficulties
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2006, 6:49pm

i would suspect something like the path not being set properly, so the thing isn't running. or perhaps it doesn't like present mode being called because windows is already calling essentially the same thing before the applet comes up. in that case, you might just call size(screen.width, screen.height) and take out the present flag. have you tried looking for any refs on windows screen savers w/ java?
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1