We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › proxml error with Processing 98
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
proxml error with Processing 98 (Read 1266 times)
proxml error with Processing 98
Dec 14th, 2005, 12:49am

Hi Guys,
I have a app that loads a large amount of data. It worked fine with processing 91, but I just upgraded to 98 and now I get this error:

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: folder
at proxml.XMLInOut.openStream(XMLInOut.java:110)

I saw the discourse between tex and fry earlier and tried downloading the latest version of the proxml library from the site and replacing the old proxml library. But i'm still getting the error.

Any Ideas? I'm stumped.

Thanks,
Seth
Re: proxml error with Processing 98
Reply #1 - Dec 14th, 2005, 2:49pm

I tried the examples with 0.98 version and they did work. Make sure you really work with the actual version.
Reply #2 - Dec 14th, 2005, 10:56pm

I actually had the same problem.  I am definitely using your most recent proXML library.  I gave up after a few attempts because i just dont know what to do.  I experimented with sketchPath and dataPath, but still, no luck.

r
Reply #3 - Dec 15th, 2005, 9:33am

btw, nanoxml seems to work fine also in v.98.

chr
Reply #4 - Dec 15th, 2005, 8:18pm

Hm I have downloaded the version online, and decompiled the classes their is no reference to folder. Could you maybe send me your sketches, so that I can try to solve the problem.
Reply #5 - Dec 15th, 2005, 8:34pm

and again, make sure that there aren't old copies of the library's jar file anywhere in your sketchbook or 'libraries' folder for processing, otherwise they are likely to cause conflicts.
Reply #6 - Sep 10th, 2006, 4:32am

Well I returned to this project in O115 - and simply did a search for all the other .jar files and cleaned them out and then reinstalled the proXML library and that seemed to fix things. I think it may have had something to do with case sensitivity "proxml" vs. "proXML" and the folder structure. Hope that helps someone else..
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1