We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › mysql library broken in 0.98
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
mysql library broken in 0.98? (Read 1848 times)
mysql library broken in 0.98?
Dec 9th, 2005, 7:08pm

Ive tried my old sketches that work under 0.95, and they are broken under 0.98, and the example on bezier doesnt run,

MySQL.connect(): Could not find the database driver ( com.mysql.jdbc.Driver ).

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:199)

MySQL.query(): You need to connect() first.

etc.

OS X 10.4.3. Is this due to the folder->path->sketchPath variable namespace thing? Thanks.
Re: mysql library broken in 0.98?
Reply #1 - Dec 10th, 2005, 7:33am

nevermind. Apparently just loading the library isnt all thats needed anymore, but you have to manually put the mysql driver in a "code" folder.

Why did this change?
Reply #2 - Dec 10th, 2005, 5:19pm

if mysql has been set up as a processing library, then nothing should have changed about its use. if it did, then there may have been a bug introduced by the export to application code. has something actually broken between 0098 (not 0.98) and one of the earlier releases?
Reply #3 - Dec 11th, 2005, 3:02pm

i'm not following the forum too often these days. try to write me a quick mail if you run into trouble next time ...

i'm checking and fixing the mysql-lib now. will post here when i'm done.

/F
Reply #4 - Dec 11th, 2005, 3:31pm

i included the com.mysql.jdbc.Driver again .. so you can remove it from the code-folder.

new version (004) is tested on processing 98 and behaves good.

let me know if it workes for you ..

best,
F
Reply #5 - Dec 11th, 2005, 3:33pm

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1