We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › weirdness with strokeCap()
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
weirdness with strokeCap() (Read 1495 times)
weirdness with strokeCap()
Dec 8th, 2005, 4:16am

Hi,

Downloaded 0097 recently, started messing with some of my sketches. Some which use OPENGL break straight away, with this error message -

RuntimeException: strokeCap() not available with OPENGL

The weird thing is that the strokeCap method is not used anywhere in my sketch..

Re: weirdness with strokeCap()
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2005, 7:12pm

can you please post a sketch that reproduces the problem?
http://processing.org/faq/bugs.html#found
Reply #2 - Jan 12th, 2006, 12:23am

this has been fixed in 0098 (or was it 0099?)
Reply #3 - Jan 12th, 2006, 4:44pm

I have had exactly the same problem: sketches that work in version 0085 now return the 'stokeCap( ) not available' error message, even when it is not used.

I have tried downloading versions 0096, 0098 & 0099  but all have the same problem. The sketches only work on 0085...
Reply #4 - Mar 11th, 2006, 11:26pm

same problem here (i think) w' 107

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: strokeCap() not available with OPENGL
at processing.opengl.PGraphicsGL.requestDisplay(PGraphicsGL.java:214)
at processing.core.PApplet.run(PApplet.java:951)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: strokeCap() not available with OPENGL
at processing.opengl.PGraphicsGL.strokeCap(PGraphicsGL.java:1517)
at processing.core.PGraphics.defaults(PGraphics.java:429)
at processing.core.PGraphics3.defaults(PGraphics3.java:448)
at processing.core.PApplet.size(PApplet.java:729)
at recube.RecubeApplet.setup(RecubeApplet.java:78)
at processing.core.PApplet.display(PApplet.java:1050)
at processing.opengl.PGraphicsGL$1.display(PGraphicsGL.java:109)
at net.java.games.jogl.impl.GLDrawableHelper.display(GLDrawableHelper.java:74)
at net.java.games.jogl.GLCanvas$DisplayAction.run(GLCanvas.java:249)
at net.java.games.jogl.impl.GLContext.invokeGL(GLContext.java:294)
at net.java.games.jogl.impl.windows.WindowsOnscreenGLContext.invokeGL(WindowsOnscre
enGLContext.java:79)
at net.java.games.jogl.GLCanvas$DisplayOnEventDispatchThreadAction.run(GLCanvas.jav
a:266)
Reply #5 - Mar 12th, 2006, 4:39pm

weird, are you sure you're using 107? that shouldn't be possible anymore but i guess i'll figure out a different way to fix it.
Reply #6 - Mar 15th, 2006, 3:29pm

changing the way that this is handled for 0109.
Re: weirdness with strokeCap() [propably SOLVED]
Reply #7 - Mar 29th, 2006, 5:35pm

the same problem occured to me yesterday. i finally was able to trace it down to the"AIExport.jar" library, which i had put into the proper library hierarchy within the sketch folder. if this is present, starting opengl (and some other things as well) fails as described above. best of all: this happens even if the library is NOT imported. pretty messy and not this obvious...

sascha
Reply #8 - Mar 29th, 2006, 5:53pm

what version of the aiexport.jar file are you using (from where?) i'd like to take a look. i wonder if it includes parts of core.jar or static initializers that are causing trouble.
Reply #9 - Mar 29th, 2006, 7:55pm

it's the one that is linked in the reference->libraries section here. the date of the classes in the jar is 2005-09-16. and yes, indeed, it does include parts of core.jar, lots of it. consequently the lib should propably be moved to the deprecated/incompatible section below.

nonetheless, i wonder why the processing.core.* classes in the jar seem to get accessed during compilation even though the library has not been imported into any of the sketch files.
Reply #10 - Mar 29th, 2006, 8:58pm

yikes, yes, we'll move the lib unless it gets updated. that's a naughty way to make a library, i guess that'll be something to add to the howto.txt for libs. no wonder we're having so much aiexport trouble.

as for why it's being included, it sounds like the classpath code has gotten a little promiscuous. i'll try and see if i can reproduce it here.
Reply #11 - Apr 14th, 2006, 3:53am

fixed with new version of aiexport (see status section of the board) but filed a bug to make sure that other libs can't overwrite things like processing.core classes:
http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=321
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1