We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Problem with including external .dll
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Problem with including external .dll (Read 654 times)
Problem with including external .dll
Dec 8th, 2005, 3:52am

Hey, I am currently working on a project that utilizes an external .dll.  I have the .dll in the code file, yet it gives me a java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError.  I believe it is finding the dll i call with System.loadLibrary(); but that dll is also dependent on other dll's and it apparently does not know where they are located (though everything is in the code folder).  If anybody has any information on linking external dll's in processing I would be most grateful.  

thanks,
doug.
Re: Problem with including external .dll
Reply #1 - Dec 8th, 2005, 5:50pm

Which external dll are you trying to load, and what does it do

Are you using the correct syntax for the library name  Looking at the documentation it implies that you should not need to put ".dll" at the end.  Are you sure you're not doing that

I'm not sure about the fact that the dll depends on other dlls - have you tried loading the other dlls first

I wrote a short tutorial on using JNI to call native code here.  Perhaps that will help
Re: Problem with including external .dll
Reply #2 - Dec 11th, 2005, 7:00am

Thanks TomC, sorry for the late reply, but I was able to get everything working, I just decided to switch to eclipse to build my projects and import the files and everything worked great.  It was just easier for me to do it that way.  The ide's nicer for working on larger projects, and you still get to use the processing lib.  Thanks for the quick response and aid.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1