We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › Containers available in Processing 1.0
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Containers available in Processing 1.0 (Read 579 times)
Containers available in Processing 1.0
Nov 8th, 2005, 9:27am

Hello,
A few questions
1. Does processing work on any container other tha PApplet?

I want to make a java application visualization program. In the application i want do divide the UI into parts. I was hope to use different containers (Canvas/panel etc) for each logically different part.

2.Does processing allow for applications to be built and not applets?

3. Does processing allow for containers in containers concept? E.g in Swing we can have a JPanel in JFrame..

regards
Sameer
Re: Containers available in Processing 1.0
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2005, 4:45pm

to use it with swing, you should treat the PApplet object as one of the components in your layout (applet subclasses component after all) and add it to the rest of the canvas/panel/etc items.

also note functions like loop(), noLoop(), and redraw() which help in that sort of situation, so that the applet doesn't take over all the cpu resources from the other objects.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1