We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentCore,  Processing Development Environment (PDE) › is there anything like a z-order + draw-order
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
is there anything like a z-order + draw-order (Read 1679 times)
is there anything like a z-order + draw-order
Oct 30th, 2005, 11:54am

What I mean is whether it is possible to have a z-order implementation taken into account that if two vertices are drawn at the same z, the one that has been drawn afterwards goes on top.

Any ideas?

As another solution is it possible to turn off the z-order for and then turn it back on with out reseting it?

Maybe my explanation is not good, since I don't have that much knowledge of the z-buffer thingy.

cheers
Re: is there anything like a z-order + draw-order
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2005, 11:34pm

using hint(NO_DEPTH_TEST) and unhint(NO_DEPTH_TEST) will shut off the zbuffer for PGraphics3 (P3D). OPENGL mode doesn't support this yet.

but things drawn at the same z should replace one another as you state (at least in PGraphics3.. maybe this is broken in OPENGL?)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1