We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › break, quit, or exit
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
break, quit, or exit? (Read 550 times)
break, quit, or exit?
Oct 30th, 2005, 3:18am

This is stupid, but sometimes when coding, I want to break after a certain point in execution to debug or to see what effect a change is making.

I know it's a very "Procedural" rather than OO sort of thing, but is there any quit() or exit() method available to handle this? There's nothing in the reference (and maybe there should be to help beginners!).

WAIT!! Literally, while posting this note, I just tried exit(); which provides that method. (Duh!)

Maybe we should add it to the reference anyway?

Cheers!
Re: break, quit, or exit?
Reply #1 - Oct 31st, 2005, 11:39pm

yeah, the implementation is unfinished so it's not part of the reference yet. it's in the javadoc on dev.processing.org though, which is where these sort of things live before casey and i discuss/approve it being added to the api.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1