We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › rectMode bug? or newbie bug
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
rectMode bug?? or newbie bug (Read 1677 times)
rectMode bug?? or newbie bug
Oct 14th, 2005, 6:26pm

hiya hope some one can help, a newbie here -a few hours in!

I just tried to us the rectMode, using the reference folder zipped with Processing0091, copied & pasted it into processing to expriement with the code!! and an error occurs: expecting IDENT, found ')'
this occurs on the first line: rectMode(CENTER);

sorry very basic im sure, ive copied the code i tried to used:

rectMode(CENTER);
rect(35, 35, 50, 50);
rectMode(CORNER);
fill(102);
rect(35, 35, 50, 50);

cheers kae
Re: rectMode bug?? or newbie bug
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2005, 7:02pm

ok sussed it i tried to void setup() before the other code.. didnt work, is there such a thing as dowlaodable tutorials? pdfs? anyone has created for students? i think i need some extra help,, the refrence is a bit difficult to understand seeing a s  know not alot about code

Reply #2 - Oct 14th, 2005, 7:06pm

what version are you using? that code seems to work fine for me..
Reply #3 - Oct 14th, 2005, 8:37pm

The learning section is a good place to start, most of these examples can also be found in the folder included as part of the download.

Exhibition is also a good place to start, and the main page has a list of stuff on it.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1