We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › two machines > VGA > Framegrabber
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
two machines > VGA > Framegrabber (Read 1126 times)
two machines > VGA > Framegrabber
Oct 13th, 2005, 3:53pm

Hi there,

I am having a hardware issue with the current project.
We are running 2 computers that calculate some stuff independently and in the end we want to join the signals together on one of the computers.
Therefore we were thinking using the TV-Out (card: ATI x300) from one computer (computes some processing stuff) to go into the BNC-In of our Framegrabber card (IVC-200) on the other machine. Unfortunately the TV-Out just supports 800*600 or 640*480 but of course in order to have a very clean signal we need 720*576 or something that the grabber can manage.
Would it be possible to do this with a TV-Card? How can we have a VGA output of 720*576?

Thanks everyone for your help.

Manuel
Re: two machines > VGA > Framegrabber
Reply #1 - Oct 14th, 2005, 11:08am

Or just to make it more complete - which alternatives do we have to get the signal from A to B in realtime? Is there any openGL function like send display to network or something like that?
Reply #2 - Oct 17th, 2005, 5:41pm

You're using Eyesweb to do the analysis work on the first PC, right? If you feel like fighting with manual decoding, you could probably write an extension of Rune's eyeswebsocket to decode Eyesweb video transmitted across a network via the NetSender, same as the matrix data it currently decodes.  Now, looking at the decoding part of that code gives me a massive headache, so I couldn't say how easy it would be, but that might be your best option, or at least, an option.
Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2005, 6:24pm

I see what you mean, its an idea. I think I have doubts regarding that processing could send out this amount of data at 15-20 fps, but I agree that that is an option.
Just that i also doubt that I could put together the required coding fast enough, I am having some narrow timeframe I can tell you.

Maybe I just buy a RGB framegrabber, they can deliver 60 fps at 1200 resolution. Just that you also pay money for them Smiley
http://www.ems-digitalmedia.com/html/visionrgbpro.html
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1