We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › .class file placement
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
.class file placement (Read 687 times)
.class file placement
Sep 29th, 2005, 3:07pm

Hi Cats,
I am trying to instatiate and object with one parameter, for which I only have the .class file and the documentation, but not the .java.  I wrote some non-OOP test code and it compiles fine.  I tried adding a line to instatiate the object and pass the parameter in, and P5 said Type not found.  I then used Sketch/Add Files... and the .class file is now sitting in the newly created Code folder.  I now get a NullPointerException.  Is the .class file enough, is it in the right place, and what else can I try?
THX!
Re: .class file placement
Reply #1 - Sep 30th, 2005, 7:01am

OK, I decompiled the class and deleted the code folder.  I put the .java file right next to the .pde file and used an import statement.  Now it runs with no errors: I need a Sparks.
Re: .class file placement
Reply #2 - Sep 30th, 2005, 4:05pm

was the class part of a package? if so, it probably needed to be in a series of subfolders within the code folder based on the package name. or better, put it in a .jar file that represents that folder hierarchy.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1