We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › Cant load TGA
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Cant load TGA (Read 766 times)
Cant load TGA
Sep 28th, 2005, 12:11pm

Hi,

Im not sure its a bug, but I cant load this file, getting "loadImage(): bad targa image format"

Is there anything wrong with it/what is wrong
It is saved from EyesWeb, but if I opening and saving again from Photoshop doesnt work as well. Tried 16/24 bit, with RLE and without...

edit: Ok I figured that 32-bit works. Is there anything to make it possible to load 16/24 bit images since I dont seem to be able to save 32 bit from EyesWeb
Re: Cant load TGA
Reply #1 - Sep 28th, 2005, 6:03pm

To load 16/24 bit images you'll probably have to figure out a pure java solution (or preprocess the images). According to the Processing docs: "To load correctly, .tga files must be 32-bit uncompressed."
Re: Cant load TGA
Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2005, 6:20pm

thanks to toxi, there's at least code to *write* 24 bit tga, so one could fairly easily patch up the code to read 24 bit tga as well based on looking at that code. you might want to log it as a feature request ("enhancement") in the bugs db if you'd like to see it happen.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1