We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Finding Font "Univers66.vlw.gz "
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Finding Font "Univers66.vlw.gz "? (Read 1008 times)
Finding Font "Univers66.vlw.gz "?
Sep 22nd, 2005, 12:54am

A Beginner Q: Where can I find the "Univers66.vlw.gz" to run the Kinetic Type Example?
I'm using the last beta version which I find very Cool 4 studying prog!
but getting this red alert message:
"java.io.IOException: openStream() could not open Univers66.vlw.gz at processing.core.PApplet.openStream(PApplet.java:3209)"

10x !-)
Re: Finding Font "Univers66.vlw.gz "?
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2005, 6:11am

You can add a font (doesn't have to be Univers66) to the project by going to Tools --> Create Font, then select the font from the list.  

You'll have to change the filename of the font in your code (filename will be displayed in the text box in the create font window or look in the sketch's data folder for the font file after creation).  

Set the 'Size', 'Smooth' and 'All Characters' options and hit ok and you're set.
Reply #2 - Sep 22nd, 2005, 9:44am

The reason it doesn't find the font is because you don't have it installed on your machine.

As suggested above the createFont option will provide you with a list of those fonts that are installed and can be used.
Reply #3 - Sep 22nd, 2005, 4:08pm

Got it. 10X !-)
Reply #4 - Sep 23rd, 2005, 1:57am

the font is included with the example in the 'data' folder. in processing just go to open -> examples -> 3D Typography -> KineticType and hit the run button and it'll run just fine.

as the others mention, you can create fonts for use in other projects by using Tools -> Create Font, which will add it to a 'data' folder inside the folder where your sketch is saved. this is so that fonts can be downloaded and used in other projects even when the font isn't installed on someone else's machine.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1