We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › spanish keyboard
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
spanish keyboard (Read 1195 times)
spanish keyboard
Sep 18th, 2005, 7:26am

hi

sorry if this has been posted already, i couldn find any reference in the forum archives. My spanish keyboard doesnt print [ nor { when using the PDE

It already happended with one other editors (pyOxide for python). In the spanish keyboard to get those characters I need to hold alt down and then click the right key, [ is the 11th key on the 'q' line, and { is the 11th key in the 'a' line.

any tips about how to configure PDE to get this working? it is quite anoying as, unlike in python, they are heavily used characters.

thanks
Re: spanish keyboard
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2005, 10:46am

Quizás sea el sistema operativo o una mala configuración: yo uso Processing 091 BETA con windows 98SE, windows XP SP1 y Linux Fedora y no he tenido ni tengo el problema que tú mencionas. Revisa la configuración del teclado (Español Tradicional, Internacional u otro), y prueba cambiando la configuración. Yo uso la configuración del Español Tradicional.
Espero esto te ayude.
Un saludo.
Nach.

(Better plus...)
Perhaps it's the operating system or a bad configuration: I use Processing 091 BETA under Windows 98SE, Windows XP SP1 and Linux Fedora and I haven't had nor I have the problem that you mention. Review the configuration of the keyboard (Spanish Traditional, International or another one), and proves changing it. I use the configuration of the Traditional Spanish. I hope this help you.
A greeting.
Nach.

Reply #2 - Sep 19th, 2005, 2:11pm

I forgot to say that i am running osx.
i tried the two different keyboard layout that OSX offers and the best is the one i have at the moment which is the ISO spanish. I guess it is something to do with OSX and spanish keyboard as i also got same problem with another IDE for python i use.

gracias de todas formas
Reply #3 - Oct 15th, 2005, 8:18pm

thanks for logging this as a bug:
http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=158

will close thread, please follow up in the bugs db if you (or anyone else) finds anything about this issue.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1