We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › compiling PGraphicsGL in eclipse
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
compiling PGraphicsGL in eclipse (Read 1690 times)
compiling PGraphicsGL in eclipse
Sep 12th, 2005, 6:09pm

Hi all

I have chosen eclipse as a development environment and though I have developed a couple of projects this way, I struggle now compiling the processing code I downloaded from dev.provessing.org/source. PGraphicsGL gives me troubles, because the compiler cant find the Illustrator class in line 68.

In which library is it?

thanks for any hints.

best regards

martin
Re: compiling PGraphicsGL in eclipse
Reply #1 - Sep 12th, 2005, 8:08pm

try doing an svn update again, that was in there temporarily while i was doing some testing but the references shouldn't be there anymore.

in general, you shouldn't bother using the source unless you're working on the source, because i break things all the time as i'm working on it. save yourself the headache by just including core.jar (or any other relevant jar files) with your project in eclipse.
Reply #2 - Sep 12th, 2005, 8:10pm

actually, more important, don't use the stuff from /source.. that's just for viewing. follow the build instructions here: http://dev.processing.org/build/ if you're going to build the code. i just realized you weren't using svn at all.
Reply #3 - Sep 13th, 2005, 7:28pm

thanks for your quick reply. Actually you are right. there is really no need (for the moment!) to compile those classes as well.

I still have a problem though. I try to run an opengl application and get the error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Before using OpenGL, first select Import Library > opengl from the Sketch menu.

After checking the code I would assume this exception is beeing thrown becose the fancy 'instanciation on the fly' code inside the size() method cant find the class PGraphicsGL.

but jogl.jar and opengl.jar are set in the build-path.

where is my mistake?

cheers

martin
Reply #4 - Sep 14th, 2005, 4:58am

for that you need to search around the integration board a bit. but in general i don't/can't support those sort of questions since that's what we're trying to solve with the processing development environment, so if you're choosing not to use it, then you're on your own.
Reply #5 - Sep 14th, 2005, 3:44pm

no worries, I understand. thank you anyway.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1