We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Add File without it existing (Read 1225 times)
Add File without it existing
Aug 31st, 2005, 10:42pm

It would be a "nice to have" if you could add a blank sketch to a project without it already existing.  Mainly so you wouldn't have seperate folders for every sketch if the sketch was project specific rather than a re-usable class.

But I'm just nit-picking Smiley
Re: Add File without it existing
Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2005, 12:37am

not sure i follow.. could you explain?

you realize that you can open a random .pde file and that will create the folder and all that, right?
Reply #2 - Sep 1st, 2005, 5:16pm

Yeah I know that.  What I was talking about was say you have 3 .pde's - all seperate classes but they will never be used in any other project.  The way it works now is the IDE would create 3 seperate folders for each of those files in your processing folder.  Then you can add the files into one project so they show up as tabs and get added into one folder.

It would be nice to just hit "Add Blank File" in a project and it would add a blank tab.  I know I could just have a semi-blank file in my processing folder and add that every time so it's not a big deal at all, just a nice to have.

Let me know if I'm not making sense.
Reply #3 - Sep 2nd, 2005, 7:32am

hm, i'm still not following.. why not just use the drop-down menu that says "New Tab"?
Reply #4 - Sep 2nd, 2005, 7:37am

That's exactly what I'm looking for.  I didn't even realize that menu was there, looks like the export button.

Thanks for that and excuse my blindness...
Reply #5 - Sep 3rd, 2005, 1:00pm

all fine.. we keep it somewhat hidden because processing isn't intended as a full-blown IDE where you have lots of tabs, etc..
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1