We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Presenting on dual monitors
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Presenting on dual monitors? (Read 838 times)
Presenting on dual monitors?
Aug 24th, 2005, 5:08pm

Actually it's projectors not monitors, but same same.
Point is I need to run a sketch on two projectors to make them cover a larger area. Trouble is, if I run the sketch in presentation mode, only the main monitor is used, while the secondary monitor is simply black.

The sketch is setup like so:

size(screen.width * 2 , screen.height);

...and the secondary monitor is set to be to the right of the main monitor.

Any ideas?

Edit:
Completely forgot this part:
Running Mac OS 10.4 and processing 91
Re: Presenting on dual monitors?
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2005, 4:21pm

you probably need to write some separate code to make this work. "present" mode is specific to a display device and can't span across monitors. you'd have to dig through the java display stuff to figure out how to get the dimensions of the whole screen and then open a window across them. unfortunately, on the mac it's a bit tricky to also get rid of the menu bar, so it may be a little bit difficult, depending on your level of java experience.
Re: Presenting on dual monitors?
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2005, 6:11pm

I was afraid of that... While I do have some Java experience, one of the things I never understood very well was implementing GUI stuff.
Oh, well. I'll try to find something else (different projector placement or a different projector altogether), but I'll look into a coded solution as well.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1