We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpPrograms › Map vector points to plane
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Map vector points to plane (Read 801 times)
Map vector points to plane
Aug 5th, 2005, 1:38am

I wish to make a motion capture project. I will need to observe 2 or more camera positions. If I use an object track and a calibration wand (a baton with three objects - different  colours to track movement) I could observe the planes from the cameras and then infer their positions by measuring the distances between the wand objects on each plane. From this I would be able to calculate the motion capture volume.

Are there any resources for the math for this operation? I am aware of the camera distortion problems. I also realise that a high framerate will be required. The simplest solution would be to fix the mounting of two cameras and measure (x,y) and (z,y). However, more capture volume requires more cameras. Thank you in advance.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1