We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpIntegration › Hello - need help getting started
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Hello - need help getting started (Read 1094 times)
Hello - need help getting started
Jul 24th, 2005, 8:35am

Hello people,

Well, I'm most eager to get started with proccessing. My entry point is that I've done a lot of animated Swing UI components and found swing to be not very suitable for animation, mostly because it is too slow for fancy stuff (like rotating windows etc).

I tried using Java3D, but the setup time is way to long and the installation not suited for easy deployment. So I went looking for an alternative and stumbled across processing.

A peek into the message board revealed interresting threads about GUI components and all other topics. An alive library. Ok then. Let's get started!

But. Ah. How? I downloaded .91 and am able to execute the examples from within the scratchpad. But now I would like this all to be done from within Java. I would like to be able to use Processing as the GUI part of an application. But there is no example or tutorial on how. I assume that the paint dialect must be compiled somehow, or handed over to an interpreter...

I could of course disassemble one of the applets...
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1