We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
SIGGRAPH '05 (Read 1531 times)
SIGGRAPH '05
Jul 15th, 2005, 8:54am

I'm a student volunteer at this year's SIGGRAPH, which is occuring july 31 - aug 4.  Is anything or anyone from the processing community going to be represented?
Re: SIGGRAPH '05
Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2005, 9:50pm

I'm signed up to go but I'm not sure if I can yet, since it kinda interferes with my work.

However, I think Casey Reas is going.
Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2005, 2:00am

I'll be there. We can set a time and place to meet. There's a Processing presentation on the 3rd in the Web section. Amit Pitaru and Ed Burton will also be at Siggraph.
Reply #3 - Aug 2nd, 2005, 5:21pm

Here are the details on the Processing SIGGRAPH presentation:

Processing.org: A Networked Context for Learning Computer Programming

Wednesday, 3 August
10:30 - 11:15 am
Room 501AB
Application Track
Session Chair: Amit Pitaru, New York University

Processing is a programming language and environment built for the electronic arts and design communities. It is created to teach fundamentals of computer programming within a visual context and to serve as a software sketchbook. It is used by students, artists, designers, architects, and researchers for learning, prototyping, and production.
Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2006, 9:33am

I'll be at SIGGRAPH '06 this year (July 30 - Aug 3).  Anyone else going?  

I searched around on the conference website but didn't find anything specifically related to processing.  There is a tutorial session called "The Web as a Procedural Sketchbook" - might it involve processing.org?
http://www.siggraph.org/s2006/main.php?f=conference&p=courses&s=23
Reply #5 - Jul 26th, 2006, 8:33pm

not sure whether he'll be using processing or not.. i know he's used it in the past for things, but he also has lots of his own code and methods for building things.

i'm starting another thread for the siggraph '06 discussion so we can follow up there.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1