We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › PGraphics.text() bug
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
PGraphics.text() bug? (Read 1011 times)
PGraphics.text() bug?
Jun 28th, 2005, 3:57am

I was just browsing through the PGraphics.text() functions on Sourceforge (as you do) and noticed the following:

Code:

public void text(String str, float x1, float y1, float x2, float y2) {

[...]

float spaceWidth = textWidth(' ');
float runningX = x1; //boxX1;
float currentY = y1; //boxY1;
float boxWidth = x2 - x2; //boxX2 - boxX1;

Surely, that last line must be wrong... and should be changed to:

Code:

float boxWidth = x2 - x1; //boxX2 - boxX1;

Although it should be noted that I haven't had a chance to check what the consequences of this change might be.

-RoB-
Re: PGraphics.text() bug?
Reply #1 - Jun 28th, 2005, 5:47pm

thanks, good catch.

now fixed, the text code has been getting some reworking for rev 92.

also note that we're in the processing of moving the code off of sourceforge because it's too slow, and will be setting up a new dev.processing.org site which will have all the goodies.
Reply #2 - Jun 30th, 2005, 9:15pm

Is there any chance that PGraphics.text() will work off-screen in rev 92?
Reply #3 - Jul 1st, 2005, 4:08am

I'm a bit "curious" about the goodies in the upcoming dev.processing.org.  are you planning any of these?:

- migration from cvs -> svn
- making bugzilla more accessible and browseable
- a section/log with the actual (day to day) work in progress  (i have never seen this before, but it might help sharing the problems that we run into while solving bugs/problems), we could comment intuitions on where the problems are or what bugs we have done a bit of search or tests on

can't think of any others... don't want to give too many ideas either, you must be full of work

cheers
Reply #4 - Jul 1st, 2005, 5:05pm

Ricard wrote on Jul 1st, 2005, 4:08am:
I'm a bit "curious" about the goodies in the upcoming dev.processing.org.  are you planning any of these:

- migration from cvs -> svn
- making bugzilla more accessible and browseable
- a section/log with the actual (day to day) work in progress  (i have never seen this before, but it might help sharing the problems that we run into while solving bugs/problems), we could comment intuitions on where the problems are or what bugs we have done a bit of search or tests on

can't think of any others... don't want to give too many ideas either, you must be full of work

cheers

how bout posting that over here:
http://processing.org/discourse/yabb_beta/YaBB.cgi?board=os_core_pde
since i need to close this thread (i use the threads to track bugs, can't run general discussion here)
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1