We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › "cannot lock focus" more common
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
"cannot lock focus" more common (Read 1834 times)
"cannot lock focus" more common
Jun 12th, 2005, 9:15pm

I havent played much since installing Tiger, so I cant be certain if it is a v91 issue or a Tiger issue, but I am getting the "Error: view not ready, cannot lock focus..." bug a lot more often when running an OPENGL project.  I would say that it is happening about 19 out of 20 times.

I am curious if others who might be running Tiger or perhaps others who are still in v90 are getting this error message as often as I.  I dont have any other OPENGL applications running so I am not sure what to do about this (aside from switching over to P3D which seems to be working fine).

Re: "cannot lock focus" more common
Reply #1 - Jun 30th, 2005, 1:05am

is it worse in 91 or did 90 do the same thing? there were a bunch of threading changes in 91 that may be contributing to things.

i haven't got a machine running tiger yet so i can't debug/test.
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2005, 8:14pm

Okay dokey... here it goes.

Toxi, the mad genius that he is, fixed the problem for me in one fell swoop. I upgraded my JOGL to version 1.1 which was released June 24 of this year.  I then tried running 5 different projects at 1680x1050 (which before this upgrade, would have given me the error message at least 30 times in a row [i gave up after 30 tries]) 5 times each, and didnt get the error message once.

Let me know if more specifics are needed.  I am pretty braindead when it comes to behind the scenes manipulations, so he had to spell it out for me.
Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2005, 12:18am

yeehaa, i love that guy.

i'll just upgrade the processing download for 93+ to use the newer jogl so everyone else can experience the same happiness.
Reply #4 - Jul 6th, 2005, 12:34pm

ben, i had a hard time finding the release notes for that new version, they're here:

http://192.18.37.44/forums/index.php?topic=1596.msg79680#msg79680

also note, that JOGL now moved into a "proper" javax.media package. the new package name is: javax.media.opengl

k.
Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2005, 1:29am

awesome, thanks toxi...
Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2005, 2:02am

now implemented for rev 93. appears that they won't be switching to the new package until after 1.1 (probably a 2.x release?) when they start using the new JSR stuff.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1