We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentCore,  Processing Development Environment (PDE) › little comment mistake in PGraphics.java
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
little comment mistake in PGraphics.java (Read 2189 times)
little comment mistake in PGraphics.java
Jun 9th, 2005, 9:02pm

ok this is just an excuse to motivate you with the big modifications in the code.

but looking at it I saw a tiny mistake in the comments of the code in PGraphics.java around line 331 or so:

Code:

/** Maximum lights by default is 8, which is arbitrary,
but is the minimum defined by OpenGL */
public static final int MAX_LIGHTS = 8;

here it should say maximum instead of minimum:

Code:

/** Maximum lights by default is 8, which is arbitrary,
but is the maximum defined by OpenGL */
public static final int MAX_LIGHTS = 8;

I really hope I'll soon be more useful than this, jejeje, it's just a question of time for me to learn a bit how things work in processing.
Re: little comment mistake in PGraphics.java
Reply #1 - Jun 9th, 2005, 10:02pm

nope, that's correct. opengl defines a minimum of 8 lights, so we're safe with making that the maximum that we use for PGraphicsGL because it will always be supported.
Re: little comment mistake in PGraphics.java
Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2005, 3:10am

aaah, ok, I had misunderstood.
I see why it says that the minimum for OpenGL is 8 lights.  It means that the minimum number of ligths to be supported by an OpenGL implementation is 8 (some implementations could support more, but Processing should use a max of 8 to be compatible to all OpenGL implementations).

sorry for that
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1