We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware,  Documentation,  Website Suggestions › Presentation mode border colour
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Presentation mode border colour (Read 1395 times)
Presentation mode border colour
Jun 1st, 2005, 8:53pm

I've got a couple of projector projects on the case and the issue of the size of the project has come up. I could have scaled the thing down as far as 640,480 but I wind up with that grey border, and the graphics card won't scale the resolution down further than 800,600.

Is there a way to change the default border colour to black and get rid of the stop button so we can project sketches of strange size a little more professionally? Black coming from a projector won't show up and will give the illusion of projecting a custom rectangle. You might want only a portrait format projection for example.

Would it be a nice feature for a later version?
Re: Presentation mode border colour
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2005, 4:35pm

you can change those colours by editing the file preferences.txt in the /lib folder. the default setting is:

run.present.bgcolor = #666666
run.present.stop.color = #cccccc

just use the setting below for black:

run.present.bgcolor = #000000
run.present.stop.color = #000000
Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2005, 7:53pm

Err, it's not changing the colour of the stop button for some reason. I get the black border but I still see a grey stop. I've changed preferences in the lib folder as well as the one in application data (newbies should note application data is a hidden folder - that confused me and a demonstrator for a minute).

Am I an isolated case or is this a bug? I've only tested this out on one PC so far.
For Mac Users
Reply #3 - May 1st, 2007, 5:15pm

This thread was helpful, but the solution was slightly different for me. Mac users should only need to open ~(your home folder)/Library/Processing/preferences.txt and modify the two settings mentioned above. Be sure Processing is not running while you do this.

Works fine on Mac OS X 10.4, Processing 0124 Beta.
Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2007, 2:07pm

right, the parent post was incorrect--you should never modify the file in "lib". that's why the top of the file reads:

Code:
# !!!!!!!! UNLIKE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF PROCESSING !!!!!!!!!!
# DO NOT MODIFY THIS FILE, OR DELETE SETTINGS FROM THIS FILE

# These are the default preferences. If you want to modify
# them directly, use the per-user local version of the file:

# Documents and Settings -> Application Data ->
# Processing -> preferences.txt (on windows)

# ~/Library -> Processing -> preferences.txt (on macosx)

# ~/.processing -> preferences.txt (on linux)

# You'll have problems running Processing if you incorrectly
# modify lines in this file.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1