We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › P3D rendering bug
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
P3D rendering bug? (Read 803 times)
P3D rendering bug?
May 22nd, 2005, 3:23pm

I like the P3D renderer because it is much faster than the default renderer (which is very slow using the video lib).

But there is a strange behaviour in it. - It draws incorrectly and this can be seen in the following example where the rects around the mouse are drawn in incorrenct sizes when the mouse is moved.

I am on OS X 10.3.8, in case you don't get the same behaviour:

code :

----

Form aform;

void setup() {
 size(400,400, P3D);  // DELETE P3D and it works fine !!!
 aform = new Form(20, 200);
}

void draw() {
 background(122);
 aform.update();
}

class Form {
 int x;
 int y;

Form(int _x, int _y) {
   x = _x;
   y = _y;
 }

void update(){
   x = mouseX - 20;
   y = mouseY - 20;
   rect(x-10, y - 5, 4, 10);
   rect(x, y+10, 4, 12);
   rect(x+5, y-10, 12, 4);  
 }
}
Re: P3D rendering bug?
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2005, 1:40pm

Although this is no answer, I just want to add that I am also seeing the same type of bug - mostly inconsistent drawing of rect(), where the result changes depending apon where in the applet I draw the rect().

I draw an array of like rectangles (with equal sides), with like spacing between them. This works fine without P3D in the size statement. With P3D i sometimes get the spacing between some rectangles taken out, and sometimes the rectangles are different sizes. I have seen variation of up to three (3) pixels.
Re: P3D rendering bug?
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2005, 4:19am

now filed in the bugs db, closing thread:
http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=95
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1