We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
abs() description (Read 1367 times)
abs() description
May 13th, 2005, 8:27pm

it seems that an entry or description for abs() is not present in the reference for non "A-Z" modes of 'abridged' and 'complete'.   I noticed this because I was looking for a Math.abs() equivalent (yeah I'm coming from actionscript...) and couldn't find it searching for "absolute value"...  (and was too lazy to make my own... yeah that's pretty lazy.)

I'm sure this is just a little thing-  just wanted to note it.  thanks!

=josh
Re: abs() description
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2005, 10:12pm

great catch! thank you. there was a small typo keeping it from the index. will be fixed and online shortly.

also, if you want, you can use Math.abs(). it's a part of Java and therefore a part of Processing by default.
Re: abs() description
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2005, 1:33am

nice!  I didn't know that.  makes sense.  and I guess that explains why my program compiled (and Math.abs changed color as a keyword.)  I think it was 3am and I wasn't thinking straight.

thanks

=josh
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1