We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProgramming Questions & HelpSyntax Questions › noLoop and loading an image
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
noLoop and loading an image (Read 1391 times)
noLoop and loading an image
May 13th, 2005, 4:26pm

Hi,

I'm new here and the first thing I want to say is:Congrats to the creators of Processing and its contributors! It seems to be a wonderfull environment. Considering that I'm coming from C++ land, everything is so clean and simple Smiley

So, my question is, what the heck am I doing wrong with this very simple piece of code?

PImage b;

void setup()
{
 size(200,200);
 noLoop();
 b = loadImage("bg.jpg");
 image(b, 0, 0);
}

void keyPressed()
{
 redraw();
}

void draw()
{
 filter(BLUR, 2);
}

I can't imagine it's a bug, but can't see what I'm doing wrong either. I get all kind of strange errors about loading the image. As soon as I remove the noLoop statement, the code runs.

Thanks in advance,
vincent

Re: noLoop and loading an image
Reply #1 - May 13th, 2005, 6:37pm

Code:

void setup()
{
size(200,200);
b = loadImage("loren.jpg");
image(b, 0, 0);
noLoop();
}

can't explain why ... ben?

F
Reply #2 - May 13th, 2005, 6:41pm

filed it as a bug:

http://processing.org/discourse/yabb_beta/YaBB.cgi?board=SoftwareBugs;action=display;num=1116002432;start=0

F
Reply #3 - May 13th, 2005, 7:02pm

wow, my first simple tests and allready found a bug,must be friday the 13th Wink
Reply #4 - May 13th, 2005, 7:52pm

You call image in the setup block. Call it in the draw block and it should work. I guess different from the old processing version, painting in setup is not possible
Reply #5 - May 13th, 2005, 8:26pm

don't think so. since the basic mode is the same as wrinting all code into setup(){ ... } it should be possible to draw in there ...

F
Reply #6 - May 13th, 2005, 9:13pm

If I move the image call to a different location, for example inside the draw funtion, I still get an error, although somewhat different.

I just discovered some other strange behaviour: every second time i try to compile the code, it *does* run without errors.
Reply #7 - May 13th, 2005, 11:14pm

the code i gave above works ... have you tried that?

F

<< update >>

move noLoop() to the very end ...
Reply #8 - May 14th, 2005, 12:12pm

yes, i can confirm that if i move the noLoop call to the end of the setup() function, the code works like i intended. thanks!

vincent
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1