We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › Compiler error, please submit this code
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Compiler error, please submit this code (Read 860 times)
Compiler error, please submit this code
May 11th, 2005, 6:56am

Processing asks me to submit my code.

Okey Dokey. Here it is. This worked fine on ver 0086

import processing.net.*;

int data;
int dataIn;
Client client;
int firstFrame = 3120;
int currentFrame = 0;
int numFrames = 256;  // The number of frames in the animation
int frame = 0;
String filenum;
PImage[] images = new PImage[numFrames];

void setup()
{
 client = new Client(this, "192.168.1.104", 10001);

and it hangs here. Error message is below.

/home/stinky/bin/processing/processing-0090/./jikes: symbol lookup error: /home/stinky/bin/processing/processing-0090/./jikes: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2

/home/stinky/bin/processing/processing-0090/./jikes: symbol lookup error: /home/stinky/bin/processing/processing-0090/./jikes: undefined symbol: __dynamic_cast_2

Re: Compiler error, please submit this code
Reply #1 - May 11th, 2005, 10:07am

yep, it's a jikes problem.. the fix is listed under the linux part of the "processing won't start" heading:
http://processing.org/faq/bugs.html#wontstart
perhaps needs to be moved back to the platforms/linux section. thanks for posting the code though, i'm gonna try and fix the linux version to test for this and warn the user.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1