We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › 89 OS X open .java files
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
89 OS X open .java files (Read 1321 times)
89 OS X open .java files
May 9th, 2005, 9:40pm

Okay, on Macs .java files can be opened with processing, which is cool, but it doesn't work. If you try to drag a .java file onto P5 or use the "open with" menu, P5 opens and says that it can only open .pde files. Then P5 prints out NullPointer errors whenever you try to open a new sketch or quit the program.
Re: 89 OS X open .java files
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2005, 10:18pm

nope, you got that wrong.
it only opens (as tab) java-files which reside along you sketch's pdes inside the sketch-folder.
it's not ment to open java-files (since they are no sketches) ...

this should work the same on both mac and pc btw.

F
Reply #2 - May 9th, 2005, 10:20pm

fjen is correct (it's not a bug), but on windows it's not yet implemented. just on mac.
Reply #3 - May 9th, 2005, 10:21pm

glad i'm on the mac side then ... Smiley
Reply #4 - May 10th, 2005, 11:51pm

Okay, sorry for the confusion. I realized it only happens when P5 is closed, and then you drag the .java file onto P5. Then, it pops up an alert saying you can't do that, but afterward P5 forgets to open up the default sketch, and errors.

Sorry if that's not a bug, it just seems really strange to me. But just ignore this if it's supposed to work that way Smiley
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1