We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › 0089 - scrolling bug > deleted half my sketch
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
0089 - scrolling bug > deleted half my sketch (Read 1310 times)
0089 - scrolling bug > deleted half my sketch
May 9th, 2005, 9:03pm

I was working in a script, when suddenly i couldn't scroll more than halfway down the code.. didn't get fixed by saving the sketch as another project either, and now that i reopened it, it's missing half of the code..
this is a rather bad bug i would say, glad i have a backup of the bottom, and that i havn't made any big changes there today, but this should be looked at asap

I didn't get any errors, and i didn't try to run the script, i was just editing the sketch..

-seltar
Re: 0089 - scrolling bug > deleted half my sketch
Reply #1 - May 9th, 2005, 10:21pm

yikes, that would be a bad bug.. but there was no error printed out? unless we get some info i wouldn't even know where to start on fixing it.. though it may be tied to this undo stuff.
Reply #2 - May 10th, 2005, 2:20am

Probably unrelated but I've noticed some scroll trouble too. It was in an earlier version of Beta. There was at least twenty more lines according to the scroll bar but I couldn't access that area. It disappeared when I restarted the program. It hasn't happened since. Dodgy scroll bar perhaps?
Reply #3 - May 10th, 2005, 3:08am

i think i've managed to track this feller down, and fjen is testing it to see if we're ready to go.

the other scrollbar stuff i'm guessing is just dodgey scrollbar. i.e. the crap that it does with horizontal scrolling. the jedit syntax package is imperfect and has lots of little bugs like that.
Reply #4 - May 10th, 2005, 3:26am

fixed for rev 90, posting now.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1