We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › Processing 0087 Released - OK
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Processing 0087 Released - OK? (Read 1652 times)
Processing 0087 Released - OK?
May 3rd, 2005, 2:22pm

ok for me.

using it all morning now. no problems so far (but i've not been seeking for bugs) ... anything special to look out for? the problems you describe seam to be resolved.

F
Re: Processing 0087 Released - OK?
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2005, 2:58pm

Seconded. No lock-ups or hangs this morning. Is there a particularly nasty or revealing test app you'd like us to throw at it?

WinXP Pro, Java 1.5 (I know... not supported, but hasn't caused me any problems)
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2005, 5:15pm

nothing in particular.. it's more that when fixing something like that hanging/freezing bug, it causes another bug that makes things worse but in a different way.

for instance, the freezing was tied to code that causes errors to print to the console, so if errors no longer print to the console properly, that would be one such problem (the mac error thing still isn't fixed tho). that sort of thing.

or having fixed dan's bug with "new tab" giving an error, whether other things with "new tab" or renaming tabs became broken.
Reply #3 - May 3rd, 2005, 5:29pm

ok. two things:

- errors / exceptions, can't really tell. it's not gotten worse (mac) at least.

- rename: making a tab called "smth.java" created that file, then renaming it only offers "smth" as old name ... giving it "smth2" as new name changes the file from "smth.java" to "smth2.pde". i guess this is not wanted ...

F
Reply #4 - May 3rd, 2005, 6:12pm

great, thanks for the testing guys.. i've updated it on the site as the default download. any other bugs can go into the bugs forum.
Reply #5 - May 7th, 2005, 4:07am

fixed the .java tab renaming bug for 88, closing thread.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1