We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexProcessing DevelopmentLibraries,  Tool Development › starting out with libraries
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
starting out with libraries (Read 2164 times)
starting out with libraries
May 3rd, 2005, 9:46am

I want to make a library that also uses the oscP5 library. Will importing them into the sketch be enough to allow me to use it from my library i.e.
Code:

import osc.*;
import oscP5.*;
import mylibrary.*;

Also can anyone recommend a small lightweight Java editor?
Re: starting out with libraries
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2005, 1:30pm

You will need to import them into your own library. To accomplish this, you may need to set the libraries on your classpath.

Notepad (Pico/Vi/etc) are about as lightweight as you can get, but they're not really IDEs. You could try Eclipse (seems to be recommended by folks around here) or jGRASP as well.
Re: starting out with libraries
Reply #2 - May 3rd, 2005, 5:21pm

using those imports would work the same as telling your users to import both your library and the oscp5 lib.

if you only need people to have access to functions in your library (and not oscp5, since your lib does all the talking to it), then you can include the oscp5 code in the "library" folder of your lib, which will cause it to automatically be imported when someone imports your lib.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1