We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › java icon on desktop
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
java icon on desktop (Read 1058 times)
java icon on desktop
Apr 25th, 2005, 2:48am

I have seen this once before, but it was a while ago so i dont think it is specific to this beta. Every once in a rare while, the act of hitting 'run' semi-permanently puts a java icon on the desktop that is not selectable and can only be eliminated by changing the desktop background or rebooting.

r
Re: java icon on desktop
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2005, 2:47pm

i had the same thing happening to me a couple of times ... but it seamed to have gone away since a java update some months ago. (or i haven't triggered it for a while)

i'm running java 1.4.2_05 on ox-x 10.3.9 at the moment ..

( just a thought, do you use/have a desktop-background picture? i switched to none a while ago, maybe that's related too ... )

F
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2005, 2:40am

I have a simple black color field as my desktop pic.  And I forget how to find out which java I have, but I know there was a java update a couple days ago that i installed.  otherwise, im on 10.3.9.  It is soooooo very rare, I wouldn't know where to begin trying to figure out what is happening.
Reply #3 - Apr 28th, 2005, 2:10pm

terminal > java -version

have you tried it without the desktop-picture? i think the error went away when i removed mine. .. but you are right since it happens soo rare it's hard to tell.

i think force-quitting the finder will remove it: alt-command-esc ...

best,
F
Reply #4 - Jul 28th, 2005, 5:35am

probably can't fix, but filed in the bugs db in case we ever figure this one out / get any more details:
http://dev.processing.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=105
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1