We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › Possible bug in the source code
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Possible bug in the source code (Read 1065 times)
Possible bug in the source code
Apr 22nd, 2005, 5:41pm

I've been looking at the source code, haven't had time yet to setup the CVS in order to build and test things.  But I think this line looks a bit unusual:

FILE: processing/core/PGraphics3.java
METHOD: protected final void add_triangle_with_clip(int a, int b, int c)
LINE: ~1187
CONTEXT:
Code:

protected final void add_triangle_with_clip(int a, int b, int c) {
boolean aClipped = false;
boolean bClipped = false;
boolean cClipped = false;
int clippedCount = 0;

[b]cameraNear = -8;[/b]
if (vertices[a][VZ] > cameraNear) {
aClipped = true;
clippedCount++;
}

COMMENTS:  It looks to me that each time it adds a triangle with clipping it resets the cameraNear plane to -8.

An extra comment, is that I can't find where the cameraFar plane clips out the triangles, lines,...
Re: Possible bug in the source code
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2005, 9:13pm

yeah, simon's in the midst of getting clipping to happen properly, so things are a little funny in the meantime. he was unfortunately sidelined by another deadline so i think he's gonna pick it up sometime next week. since clipping was completely absent in previous versions, we included the incomplete stuff since it was at least a start and better than nothing.
Re: Possible bug in the source code
Reply #2 - Jul 28th, 2005, 5:29am

i think this has been ironed out in the meantime, but if not, please re-post a bit of code that will show the problem over in the bugs db. http://dev.processing.org/bugs
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1