We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › ui - tab colors/titles
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
ui - tab colors/titles (Read 1780 times)
ui - tab colors/titles
Apr 21st, 2005, 6:21pm

so ever since v79, when the buttons got moved to the top, my tabs don't display properly...only the selected tab shows the tab name; the others are all blank.  i'm guessing it's just that the font and bkgd colors are the same for those tabs...

kinda surprised this never came up on the beta list, i figured it was obvious and would get fixed.

or maybe it's just an issue with my preferences?  is there a newer preferences.txt file i can grab from somewhere that perhaps has more updated colors?
Re: ui - tab colors/titles
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2005, 6:33pm

You need to delete your old preferences.txt file so that the new colour scheme gets applied.  Ben said as much on the beta list, you must have missed it?

Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2005, 7:00pm

as will always be the case for "what changed since 79"? sort of questions (except for the occasional ones that i forget), it's also in revisions.txt:

- you must delete your preferences.txt file for this release,
 otherwise things are gonna look super ugly.
 on macosx: ~/Library/Processing/preferences.txt
 on windows: Documents and Settings/username/
             Application Data/Processing/preferences.txt

- the ui is now blonde... casey decided that it was time to go horizontal
 with the toolbar buttons. drunk with power, he wound up re-coloring
 everything while he was at it. as a result your prefs need to be nuked
 the first time you run with this release.
Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2005, 7:20pm

oops, i think i did that once and promptly forgot to do it on newer releases...thanks
Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2005, 8:31pm

just a short note to follow this up.

Make sure you quit Processing first before you delete the pref file to ensure this takes effect.

steve
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1