We closed this forum 18 June 2010. It has served us well since 2005 as the ALPHA forum did before it from 2002 to 2005. New discussions are ongoing at the new URL http://forum.processing.org. You'll need to sign up and get a new user account. We're sorry about that inconvenience, but we think it's better in the long run. The content on this forum will remain online.
IndexSuggestions & BugsSoftware Bugs › exit Present mode with fullscreen graphics
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
exit Present mode with fullscreen graphics (Read 1306 times)
exit Present mode with fullscreen graphics
Apr 20th, 2005, 10:06pm

when in Present mode with graphics running fullscreen (using all 1280x854 pixels on my laptop) the graphics covers the 'stop' button in the corner ...

i tried hitting Escape but no luck, I ended up having to force-quit the sketch to gain control of the computer.

can we get Escape working again?

+ Mikkel

on Apple G4 laptop, 0085 beta.
Re: exit Present mode with fullscreen graphics
Reply #1 - Apr 21st, 2005, 12:03am

hm, intristin.. it's actually a little messy for us to override catching ESC and winds up being inconsistent between platforms.. but maybe we have to add it back.

the plan had been that you'd need to write your own handler that used the exit() function, which would quit properly.. but uh.. exit() didn't quite get completed. oops.

but what a nice problem to have, that we can actually do things full screen now Wink
Reply #2 - Apr 21st, 2005, 11:36pm

on windows alt+f4 works fine to exit fullscreen mode.
Reply #3 - May 13th, 2005, 9:19am

fixed this for 91. hitting escape will kill the applet properly.

and if you don't want to let people hit escape (i.e. an installation), you just have to make keyPressed() set key = 0 so that the ESC isn't intercepted.
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1